Monday, August 17, 2015

RSW Check In!

 
Welcome back to another Ready. Set. WRITE! check-in! I hope you had a very productive week!
Before I share this week’s update, I am so excited to announce the winner of my care package is

Crystal Schubert!
Congratulations!!! I’ll be in touch, Crystal, for address goodness and such. J

And now for an update…
How I did on my previous goal(s):  

I didn’t do well this past week. I wrote maybe 2500 words (which, yes, is still great, but not my normal 5K); I walked-but definitely not five times this week. I did read the amazing MORE THAN FASHION (Liz Briggs) and I did a few cleaning things, but not what I set out to do. *sigh* 

But, honestly, it’s okay. Because the one goal I accomplished was to spend some QT with my family.  This past week, the kids and I went to see JURASSIC WORLD (which far exceeded expectations—SO good!). I took the 11 yo to back-to-school bingo and out to dinner with friends. We went to the pool. We took a boat out to Beer Belly Island again. The husband and I spent date night at the annual high school football jamboree. It’s been an awesome and relaxing week.  

My goal(s) for this week

The kids go back to school in a week (L) and I’m very okay with not accomplishing a whole lot right now. So, I’ve one goal and one goal only. 

Get to 50K on the soccer WiP 

I’m a little over 3K away. Hopefully… hopefully I can accomplish that. J 

A favorite line from my story OR a word or phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised:

Inky—my girl’s about to get some. A tattoo, that is. J 

The biggest challenge I faced this week (ie finding time to write, getting sick, having writer’s block, etc) 

I don’t know that I’d qualify QT with the family as a challenge since I chose to not stress about other things, but I did have a different WiP on the brain this past week so it was a little hard to concentrate on the others.  

Something I love about my WIP 

My soccer story basically rides on this theme: Believe in yourself, believe in each other, believe in your dreams. It’s the motto for my husband’s soccer teams; BELIEVE is pretty much the theme of the US men’s and women’s national teams, and believing in myself and my dreams is something I have to remind myself of DAILY. So, it’s cool to have that reinforcement in my WiP now too. J
 

Before I go, two things! First, the last week of Ready. Set. WRITE! (which is only a week away! WTH?!?!) we will be hosting Manicures and Manuscripts—basically a chance to treat ourselves to a manicure that’s a reflection of our WiPs. We’ll have more details next week and we really hope you’ll join us in using a manicure to celebrate all the hard work we’ve all done this summer!
Second, we have another giveaway for you! This one from Katy! Check out what you could win…
 

·      “If You Obey All the Rules You Miss All the Fun” Journal
·      Floral Mini Sticky Note Pad
·      Lined Floral Note Pad
·      Jelly Bellies
·      Starry Pencil Pouch
·      Honey Pear Hand Cream
·      Lavender Lemonade Candle
·      Peppermint Mints
·      Various Washi Tapes
·      Eos Strawberry Sorbet Lip Balm
·      Writerly Quote Pencils
·      Bigelow Vanilla Chai Tea
·      Twizzlers

Don’t forget to enter via the Rafflecopter and sign up on the linky! Hope you’ve had a great week!
 
a Rafflecopter giveaway








17 comments:

  1. Inky -- YES! You're so close to 50K... Rooting for you to get there sooner than later so you can spend more time with your kiddos in their last week of summer! We loved Jurassic World, too. Such a fast pace, and all sorts of fun. Plus, Chris Pratt isn't exactly hard on the eyes. I'm hearing all kinds of awesome things about Liz's book. Must read soon! Have an awesome week, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go get the 50K! But spending those last days with the kids is more important-always sad when school starts again. Sounds like you had an awesome week. May the next few days be just as amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allowing yourself to relax and enjoy time with your family is so great! Glad y'all had a fun week. And yes, 2,500 words for a slow week is still fantastic! And yay for the MC getting a tattoo. She sounds like my kind of girl. Good luck getting to 50k this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe not your best but hey like you said still progress 
    Yay for movie time! I know the movie was good, I enjoyed it when it came out.

    Have fun this week and enjoy family and your story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for date night and family time! I find that those things help me be more grounded when I'm writing. Reminds me there's a real world out there too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck reaching 50K this week, Alison! You can do it!! Sounds like you had a great week spending time with your kids before they head back to school (can't believe summer went so fast).

    Happy writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of luck reaching 50K! Nothing wrong with taking some time off to spend with your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Family time is so important, and it's great that you were able to get my QT with yours. :) Good luck with the 3000 words you need - it's doable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Noooo! How can there only be one week left in RSW???

    Yay to family QT - hope you all have another great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. QT with the fam is always great! And Jurassic World WAS so good! Also, 2500 words is nothing to frown out--you definitely did your things this past week. Good luck this week and we look forward to seeing what you accomplish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with getting to 50K! You can totally knock out 3,000 words within a week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. YES! Yay! So excited about winning... thank you for the care package, Allison!! :) Can't wait to get it! Sounds like you had a good week with your family! Definitely a great time to focus on family QT before school starts back again. I hope you get to 50K on your WIP this week! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Quality time is so important. That's more important than other things. Good luck on nailing 50K this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you had a fun, relaxing week with your family. With the end of summer coming so quickly, it feels like you need to squeeze in as much of that quality time as possible, doesn't it? And I love the theme of your soccer story. So hard to do sometimes, but it's an awesome reminder. Good luck finishing up your WIP this week and spending time with your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My comment is a little late this week but better late than never! Nice job squeezing in 2500 words while also getting excellent QT with the fam. I love weeks like that!

    Good luck making it to 50K in the soccer WIP. I *believe* in you too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. And why am I only hearing about this awesomeness now? Oh yeah, because I've been babying. *sigh* Way to go with your writing accomplishments. When my brain starts working again (AKA when I start sleeping again), I'll have to come play along.

    ReplyDelete
  17. شركة القائد من الشركات الاوله فى الدمام والرياض
    شركة القائد
    حيث تمتلك شركتنا عمالة فنية ومدربة جيدا على الاهتمام بتنظيف الشقق والفلل والمنازل كما تهتم بأدق التفاصيل للوصول الى الصورة المثالية التى يبحث عنها العميل فهدفنا الرئيسى هو ان نوفر لعملائنا الاعزاء الراحة النفسية كما تمتلك شركتنا
    افضل المعدات الحديثة وادوات النظافة العامة المطابقة للمواصفات لنصبح افضل شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض كما نكون حريصين على استخدام افضل الخامات والمواد التنظيف التى تجعل منaزلك نظيفا وجميلا والتى تمت تجربتها ومطابقتها للمواصفات اكثر من مرة للوصول الى الهدف المنشود .
    شركة تنظبف منازل بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بجازان
    شركة تسليك مجارى بجازان

    شركة تنظيف بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف بجازان
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بجازان


    شركة مكافحة حشرات بجازان
    تعتبر شركه القائد من افضل الشركات فى تنظيف الخزانات بجازان فنحن نقوم بتقديم الخدمات المميزه التى تتحدث بالجوده والتميز دائما وتعمل الشركه جاهده على توفير المال والجهد للعميل فتقدم له افضل الخدمات فىتنظيف الخزانات والتى نؤديها بمهاره عاليه ودقه جيده ترى نتائجها من التعامل الاول مع الشركه فاذا كنت تشتكى من تسريب الخزان او كسره فان شركتنا عندها خبره وافيه فى هذا المجال ولها القدره على تنظيفه وتصليحه والتخلص من الروائح الكريهه والتخلص من مسببات التلوث الموجوده به وجعله كانه يبدو كالجديد تماما.
    شركة تنظيف بجازان
    نحن افضل شركة رش مبيدات بالدمام نحن نمتلك الخبرة الكبيرة جدا فى الرش ولدينا احدث الاجهزة الموجودة فى الاحساء والجبيل والخبر والقطيف والدمام نحن افضل شركة رش مبيد بالدمام نحن نعمل على مدار 24 ساعة يومين ولا نمل من الرش او المكافحة .رش المبيدات يحتاج الى شركة كبيرة جدا فى الرش ولديها خبرة كبيرة جدا نحن لدينا خبرة كبيرة جدة ولدينا اجهزة حديثه جدا فى الرش
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
    شركة القائد من الشركات الاوله فى مجال تسليك المجارى بالرياض شركة القائد هى الشركة التى تعمل على تسليك المجارى باحدث الاجهزة الحديثة المتعدده فى مجال التسليك بالرياض نحن فى شركة القائد نعمل على تسليك المجارى بالرياض من قبل الاجهزة الالكترونية والعمال الذين يبدعون فى مجال التسليك المجارى بالرياض.
    شركة تنظيف بجدة
    شركة نقل اثاث بجازان

    شركة تسليك مجارى بالرياض
    اتصل بنا الان على افضل شركة تسليك مجارى بالرياض نحن الافضل فى الرياض

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE comments!