Monday, August 31, 2015

Ready. Set. WRITE! Final Check In

 
It’s the last week of RSW. L
BUT it’s been a productive (and fast!) summer for me and I hope it has been for you too! Thank you so much for joining Katy, Elodie, Jaime, Erin, and I for our third summer of writing and accountability!
And to celebrate the end of another successful Ready. Set. WRITE! we are hosting
Manicures and Manuscripts!
Did you give yourself a manicure that’s a reflection of your WiP? Yes? Me too! My pic is below (with a small-ish excerpt) and I’m also sharing my pic on Instagram and Twitter (alisonmiller20 is my handle for both J) Please share yours too! I can’t wait to see all the pretty!
Along with my pic and excerpt, I’m including an overall recap of What I Did This Summer. Here goes…
How I did on my previous goal(s) and overall goals:  

1)      Write 5K total on one or both my stories.  CHECK! I wrote 6,116 words on my story this week. 

2)      Read one book. CHECK! I read the absolutely amazing NEVER ALWAYS SOMETIMES (Adi Alsaid). The ending was not the ending I would’ve preferred, but overall it was pretty awesome. Especially when it has excerpts like this… 


3)      Exercise at least five times this week. CHECK! I walked five days this week. J 

OVERALL GOALS:

I wanted to make great strides on both my stories. I didn’t do so hot on the CM rewrite (9000 words), but I wrote 55K on the soccer story. Almost 65K new words during the summer? I’ll take it. J 

What’s next goal-wise?

Finish the soccer WiP. I’m close to the end. And then I have a gigantic hole right before the midpoint that I might want to fill in before I start revising.  

A favorite line from my story OR a word or phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised: 

My soccer story is pretty much about belief—lost and found. The working title reflects that. The word believe appears 40 times in my doc and I believe (haha) that number will only go up.  And well, here’s the manicure. And an excerpt. See for yourself. J

 
 

 
 


The biggest challenge I faced this summer (ie finding time to write, getting sick, having writer’s block, etc)

Time. Always an issue in the summer (always for good reason though!) but why I do RSW so I MAKE time to write.  

Something I love about my WIP

Yeah, I’m going to go with that everything thing again. I started reading back over parts of the soccer story and it’s OH SO MESSI (see what I did there) but OH SO GOOD.

I hope you had a VERY productive summer and thank you again so much for joining us! Can’t wait to see your nails and your updates! Don’t forget to sign up on the linky!





24 comments:

  1. Congratulations on meeting your week's goals, and ~65,000 words is a pretty darn good amount for the summer! And I love that manicure - are your letters stuck on or do you have phenomenally steady hands?

    The last line of your excerpt made me snort on my tea! Also, I love the pun. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. "OH SO MESSI" Nice one! ;)

    Congrats on kicking butt at RSW and thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I am so impressed by your overall words this summer! Congrats on getting so much done and still having time for boat trips and spending time with your family. And thanks for co-hosting RSW! It's always the kick in the pants I need to keep focused. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Don't lose your bra." Haha, love that! And love the nails, I've never tried words on mine, but want to now. And thanks so much for hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea of spelling out a word on your nails! Thanks again for hosting Alison. I love that you ladies do this--the accountability means I actually get work done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your word count for the summer... whoa! You did so well, lady! Now hurry up and fill in that midpoint hole so I can start reading. :-) Your nails look amazing. As Liz said, I love the idea of spelling out your theme word. Well done! Here's to keeping up with the accountability thing as we move into fall. I'm going to need it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, thank you so much for hosting this all summer and commenting on posts and being generally amazing. RSW has been so amazing for my writing these past two years, and I hope y'all do it again next year!!

    Second, fantastic job on how much you accomplished this summer! The word count, the family time, and everything!! I love your nails so much. :D

    Keep up the good work this fall!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the nails! You did really well this summer -- 65K is really impressive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on doing so well on your summer goals! You also did an awesome job with your nails.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 65K is awesome. Score! Haha super playful and sweet clip and the nails are super cute. I'd call this a hugely successful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did an amazing job meeting your goals! Love the nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on an amazing summer! Your nails are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. 65K!? Go you! The excerpt and nails are great. Thanks for hosting this summer. It has been great to follow everyone's progress.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the excerpt! I think I snorted a little. :) Awesome progress this summer! And thank you so much for hosting. RSW was just what I needed this summer. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel that way about my manuscripts too- OH SO MESS but OH SO GOOD too. I love it.
    I loved the excerpt, and the nails to go along with it. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay, not only is your manicure totally fun but it's also inspiring! If there's one thing you take from this summer, I hope it's that you "believe" in yourself too (I'll try to remember that as well), because you deserve awesome things to come from all your hard work. 65k is a remarkable tally and you should be proud! Thanks again for asking me to co-host with you this summer. I seriously feel like you tossed me a life raft. This was a critical time for me in the writing department and RSW kept me connected. Hope fall turns out to be just as productive for you and be sure to keep me posted on your progress! RSW might be done, but I'm always up for accountability (or beta reading)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think, above everything else, the fact that you love your WiP is probably the best thing to come from this summer. :-) But 65K words written? That's pretty darn fantastic, Alison! Love the manicure and the explanation for it! Thanks again for asking us to co-host RSW with you this summer. It's always great connecting with you behind the scenes too! Oh, and I enjoyed the snippet you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many words! Congrats on writing 65k this summer, Alison! And I love the excerpt you shared. :) Thanks again for hosting RSW. It's been so motivating and helpful, and I'm already looking forward to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You rocked this summer! Lots of new words! Love your nails. Thanks for hosting, it's been a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. AWESOME work!!!! And lovely nails! And I enjoyed the snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Random question Alison. My daughter saw a journal on your blog with the cover " If you follow the rules, you'll miss all the fun". I'm curious if you recall where you got it?
    Thanks
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  22. شركة القائد من الشركات الاوله فى الدمام والرياض
    شركة القائد
    حيث تمتلك شركتنا عمالة فنية ومدربة جيدا على الاهتمام بتنظيف الشقق والفلل والمنازل كما تهتم بأدق التفاصيل للوصول الى الصورة المثالية التى يبحث عنها العميل فهدفنا الرئيسى هو ان نوفر لعملائنا الاعزاء الراحة النفسية كما تمتلك شركتنا
    افضل المعدات الحديثة وادوات النظافة العامة المطابقة للمواصفات لنصبح افضل شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض كما نكون حريصين على استخدام افضل الخامات والمواد التنظيف التى تجعل منaزلك نظيفا وجميلا والتى تمت تجربتها ومطابقتها للمواصفات اكثر من مرة للوصول الى الهدف المنشود .
    شركة تنظبف منازل بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بجازان
    شركة تسليك مجارى بجازان

    شركة تنظيف بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف بجازان
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بجازان


    شركة مكافحة حشرات بجازان
    تعتبر شركه القائد من افضل الشركات فى تنظيف الخزانات بجازان فنحن نقوم بتقديم الخدمات المميزه التى تتحدث بالجوده والتميز دائما وتعمل الشركه جاهده على توفير المال والجهد للعميل فتقدم له افضل الخدمات فىتنظيف الخزانات والتى نؤديها بمهاره عاليه ودقه جيده ترى نتائجها من التعامل الاول مع الشركه فاذا كنت تشتكى من تسريب الخزان او كسره فان شركتنا عندها خبره وافيه فى هذا المجال ولها القدره على تنظيفه وتصليحه والتخلص من الروائح الكريهه والتخلص من مسببات التلوث الموجوده به وجعله كانه يبدو كالجديد تماما.
    شركة تنظيف بجازان
    نحن افضل شركة رش مبيدات بالدمام نحن نمتلك الخبرة الكبيرة جدا فى الرش ولدينا احدث الاجهزة الموجودة فى الاحساء والجبيل والخبر والقطيف والدمام نحن افضل شركة رش مبيد بالدمام نحن نعمل على مدار 24 ساعة يومين ولا نمل من الرش او المكافحة .رش المبيدات يحتاج الى شركة كبيرة جدا فى الرش ولديها خبرة كبيرة جدا نحن لدينا خبرة كبيرة جدة ولدينا اجهزة حديثه جدا فى الرش
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
    شركة القائد من الشركات الاوله فى مجال تسليك المجارى بالرياض شركة القائد هى الشركة التى تعمل على تسليك المجارى باحدث الاجهزة الحديثة المتعدده فى مجال التسليك بالرياض نحن فى شركة القائد نعمل على تسليك المجارى بالرياض من قبل الاجهزة الالكترونية والعمال الذين يبدعون فى مجال التسليك المجارى بالرياض.
    شركة تنظيف بجدة
    شركة نقل اثاث بجازان

    شركة تسليك مجارى بالرياض
    اتصل بنا الان على افضل شركة تسليك مجارى بالرياض نحن الافضل فى الرياض

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I LOVE comments!