Welcome back to another Ready. Set. WRITE! check-in! I hope you had a very productive week!
First, thank you so much for all your encouragement last week. Sometimes we have those weeks and it’s nice to know I have peeps in my corner, cheering me on, so thank you. J
Second, we have a winner! The winner of Erin’s awesome giveaway package is
And now for an update…
How I did on my previous goal(s):
1) Write 5K total on one or both my stories. CHECK! I added 5737 words total to my stories.
2) Read one book. CHECK! I finished WE ALL LOOKED UP (Tommy Wallach). It’s like Breakfast Club meets the apocalypse, exceptionally well-written and a really good story. A little too descriptive and dry in parts for me, but that could just be me. Overall, an exceptional read. AND I do believe it’s still a Kindle monthly deal ($1.99) so you might want to check that out SOON.
3) Exercise at least five times this week. CHECK!
4) Do something fun with my kiddos. Somewhat? The 11 year old and I watched THE MAZE RUNNER (and now have a new series to read RIGHT NOW) and he and I went to the pool a few times. The husband and I went to a fun wedding Saturday night. But the 16 year old? We brainstormed together for her summer reading project but I don’t know that I’d classify that as fun. My kiddos start back to school two weeks from today so I will definitely aim to do better in this area over the next two weeks!
5) Work on and complete at least one project around the house. IN PROGRESS Finished the downstairs bathroom; now working on the upstairs one.
STRETCH GOAL: Work on the CM rewrite (the story formerly known as CHICK MAGNET) for at least TWO hours this week. Nope. I swear I’m going to work on this story THIS WEEK
My goal(s) for this week
1) Write 5K total on one or both my stories.
2) Read one book.
3) Exercise at least five times this week.
4) Do something fun with my kiddos
5) Work on and complete at least one project around the house
STRETCH GOAL: Work on the CM rewrite for at least TWO hours this week. This. Will. HAPPEN.
Yep. I’m boring. But this works. Mostly. J
A favorite line from my story OR a word or phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised:
Wanderlusty. J The WiP just stamped its passport. Destination: Brazil. J
The biggest challenge I faced this week (ie finding time to write, getting sick, having writer’s block, etc)
Fall sports started this week. With my daughter headed off to tennis and the husband headed off to soccer, my mornings were a little thrown. But I managed. J
Something I love about my WIP
So my envisioned climax (right now) pretty much centers around this song
And that climax is getting closer and closer so I’ve been playing it (and singing it) a lot. J
Before we share the linky, we have another giveaway for you! This one from ME! Check out what you could win…
· Be Inspired Journal with Inspirational Quotes and Writing prompts
· Jane Austen Air Freshener
· Sticky Notes and Page Markers
· I like BIG BOOKS and I cannot lie! Bookmark
· Poly Spiral Index Cards
· Poly Spiral Index Cards
· WRITE Journal/Composition Book
· Werther’s Originals Caramel Hard Candies
· Paddy Wax Ginger Peach Soy Wax Candle
· Trident Island Berry Lime Gum
· Spiral Memo Pad in a rainbow of colors
· Sinful Colors Decadent Nail Polish
· Post cards with Inspirational Quotes
· Mini Ink Joy Pens
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Don’t forget to enter via the Rafflecopter and sign up on the linky! Hope you’ve had a great week!